BIVOUAC CAMPING AND DINING
- This years rally will give visitors a varied Mexican experience from the start in the bustling capital city of Hermosillo, to the glimmering Sea of Cortez and the beaches that line it to the cowboy cactus deserts of historical Caborca and finally ending in San Luis Rio Colorado, home of the famous dunes of the Altar Desert.
- Culturally you will experience the indigenous Seri Indian beaches and crafts as well as the Yaqui, Mayo and Yoreme cultures.
- Sonora is steeped in delicious traditional foods including world known Sonoran beef, the massive hand thrown flour “tortillas de agua”; and modern specialites like the Sonoran bacon wrapped hot dog.
- The welcoming and warm “Sonorenses” ready to show the world of rally racing everything that makes this State so special.
- Competitors be treated to phenomenal food curated by Chef Eloy Aluri, who has been featured multiple times on Netflix and has spent several years traveling the state of Sonora, working hand in hand with cooks, farmers, ranchers and indigenous communities, to help promote a sustainable and responsible culinary environment for Sonora. With these forged relationships he will create daily menus steeped in local traditions, blending local artisans with chef driven breakfasts and dinners.
- Hermosillo is the capital of the state of Sonora. It is a thriving, modern city with a variety of tourist and business destinations. With a deep car culture, the local fans are expected to give a warm welcome to the Sonora Rally participants during tech inspection at La Ruina.
- Parque La Ruina the location of Parc Ferme, Tech Inspection and Fan Zone, is a lively park with diverse food trucks, beer stands & a performance area for live bands built out of the ruins of an antique fabric and textile factory, and will be the perfect backdrop for fans.
- This historic and vibrant Mexican community extends a warm welcome to all visitors who come to explore and experience its culture, history, events, charm and beauty.
- Also known as Rocky Point, Penasco, is a Mexican fishing and resort city on the Gulf of California. It’s known for its beautiful beaches and endless variety of seafood. The Bivouac will be located in the sandy parking area of one of the Playa Bonita Hotel located on the beach.
SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO
- The Arizona-Mexico border city of San Luis Rio Colorado has been home to the Sonora Rally from day one.
- Although the agricultural-based town is not a direct “gem” for tourism, the surrounding dune erg is one of the most impressive and beautiful in all of the world.
- The Bivouac will be located in the city’s park “El Bosque” where participants will be treated to the cultural dance, music, food and drink that make Sonora special.
- The award ceremony and closing party will be held at Rancho Tabachines for a true and unforgettable Mexican fiesta!