We are beyond excited to invite you to join us in the beautiful state of Sonora, Mexico, to share with us the stunningly beautiful racing terrain, the fresh, delicious Mexican cuisine, the history, beauty and culture of this state. We have included a PHOTO GALLERY or check our social channels.
- The start city of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mx, has direct flights from 14 US destinations as well as daily flights connecting from MEXICO CITY to major cities all over the world.
- The nearest US airports to Hermosillo are Tucson and Phoenix, AZ.
- The arrival city of San Luis Rio Colorado is 45 minutes from Mexicali Airport in Mexicali, Mexico, where flights to Mexico City are daily.
- ARRIVAL TO HERMOSILLO AIRPORT – 15 – 20 minute drive HMO airport to hotels – Uber / Airport Taxi are readily available – OFFICIAL AIRPORT TAXI – [$130.00 – $170.00 MXN ($10-$15 USD)
Hermosillo is a 3hr 30 min drive from Nogales, AZ. Cross in the commercial port (Mariposa) for ease.
Do not cross in Baja California Port of Entries- they will turn you around if you have a race vehicle. You must enter Sonora.
We will be sending information on mandatory VISA and CUSTOMS FORMS to allow for easy crossing at the border.
For Booking and additional Hotel info: Hotel Information LINK
HERMOSILLO – APRIL 22 /23 /24 (REG / TECH 22nd / 23rd)
Araiza Hotel – 3 Star – (Official Hotel)
Fiesta Americana – 4 Star
Fiesta Inn – 3 Star
Holiday Inn – 3 Star
Marsella 45 – 5 Star (LIMITED NUMBER – Contact: email@example.com directly)
PEÑASCO – APRIL 24th / 25th
Playa Bonita – 3 Star – (BIVOUAC LOCATION)
Peñasco del Sol – 4 Star
LAOS Hotel – 2 Star
SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO – APRIL 26th / 27th / 28th
San Angel – 3 Star
San Luis Plaza – 2 Star
653 Hotel – 3 Star
Panda Hotel – 2 Star
San Antonio – 2 Star
Sta Cruz Residencial – 2 Star
Hotel Imperial – 2 Star
CAR AND TRUCK RENTAL – LINK
Cricel Leyva +52 (662) 337 8803 check website: idealease.mx
Facil Rent a Car Hermosillo
Anahí Luna +52 (662) 214 3033 check website: facilrentacar.com
Arizona Adventure Rentals
Tyler +1 480 309 309 4346 check website: arizonaadventurerentals.com
PARC FERME / TECH AND CONTINGENCY – April 22nd / 23rd
Parque La Ruina, Hermosillo
– A unique cultural space in the heart of Hermosillo –
La Ruina, the location of Parc Ferme, Tech Inspection and Fan Zone, is a lively activity space with diverse food trucks, beer stands a live band performance area built out of the ruins of an antique fabric and textile factory. This will be the perfect backdrop for fans and competitors to get their first taste of Sonora.
Parque La Ruina Website Link
- Announcement of the route: DETAILS TBD
- RACE ROUTE – 1900 km long and 1300 km special
- ASSISTANCE ROUTE – 800 km total
- Bivouac will be serving breakfast and dinner (lunch info TBD)
- Shower and toilets will be available in both bivouacs
- Camping will be available in both bivouacs
- Puerto Peñasco Bivouac – Hard Pack Sand, Beach Bathrooms, Showers, Beach
- San Luis Rio Colorado Bivouac – Asphalt, Grass and Dirt, Bathrooms, Showers – San Luis Río Colorado Bivouac will be at El Bosque in the Parking lot, Camping will be available inside the open air baseball stadium on the grass or dirt.
BOTH BIVOUACS WILL HAVE EASY ACCESS FOR ALL TYPES OF VEHICLES
All race entries include:
– Catering for the race vehicle (1 for moto / 2 for car)
– Mexican liability/medical insurance during the rally
– Required decal package (extra charge if you do not run organization decals)
– All entry fees are in US Dollars
April 1st fees increase 10%
FINAL DAY TO REGISTER: April 15th
AWARDS CEREMONY AND MEXICAN FIESTA!!
Prize giving ceremony: When/where will be the finish podium?
April 28th MEXICAN FIESTA! and Awards ceremony and dinner will take place in San Luis Río Colorado @Rancho Tabachines for a true Mexican fiesta experience!
VIP: Do you plan to have pass access for VIPs in the bivouac/PG Ceremony/to go on stage?
YES, we will create a VIP Viewing area for the Finish. Location TBD.
Dinner for competitors at the end of the rally?
The Awards Ceremony and Mexican FIESTA includes dinner.
In case of emergency, if your preference is to be evacuated to a USA hospital over a Mexican hospital you must have a UNITED STATES VISA.